Sunday, February 22, 2015

Rosemary Cookies



I got this recipe from a magazine "Celebrations by Sharon Baking Favorites" 3 years ago. Yes, this is a baking book of the megastar Ms. Sharon Cuneta-Pangilinan published by ABS-CBN publishing Incorporated. 


(Alright, enough of the advertisements...)


I have recreated this recipe many times already, enough for me to come up with my own version (with a lovely twist).This recipe uses Rosemary leaves that give off aromatic fragrance. But oh no! mama don't like it the first time I baked it. It smelled like medicine according to her. Since I really love the aroma, I tried hard to convince her, but failed.


Later, I realised that with both needed to compromise. So I reduced the quantity of  the rosemary leaves from 50 grams to 20 grams. 


Aw nuts! I almost forgot that I needed nuts for this recipe! Miss Sharon’s version uses walnuts. Finding walnuts in our hometown in Ozamis is like asking Big Foot to give me high five! Impossible!  So I substituted it with almonds instead.


Now, put on your apron and let's start bak'n:


====================================================================

Ingredients:


  • 2 bars butter (225 g/bar)
  • 6 cups all purpose flour
  • 4 pieces eggs
  • 3 cups white sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 20 grams rosemary chopped (Original recipe uses 50 grams)
  • 200 grams almonds chopped (Original recipe uses 200g Walnuts)
  • 300 grams cinnamon powder



Method:


  1. Preheat oven at 140 Celsius.
  2. Mix butter until soft.
  3. Add sugar (white and brown) then mix again.
  4. Add vanilla and eggs then mix for 1 minute.
  5. Add chopped rosemary, chopped nuts and cinnamon power. Mix.
  6. Add the baking powder and flour. Mix until well blended.
  7. Round it manually then place over baking trays.
  8. Flatten the rounded dough using your hands.
  9. Bake for 22 minutes.


Makes  approx. 4 dozens

=====================================================================


True, I compromised to please mama but it doesn't mean that I no longer love the outcome of the cookies. Promise! I still do! The fact that I managed to bake my own cookies is more important and rewarding. I believe that when you bake, you need to be forgiving at times. Also, baking is about being selfless not selfish. I am now more fulfilled knowing that someone appreciates the cookies that I bake - my mama.

(I was informed recently that my cousin's lil daughter, Charice, loves my cookies too. Naks!)





























P.S. Just imagine if I will be recreating this recipe again and mama still does not like it! I guess by that time, I would need to call Big Foot to help me eat 4 dozen cookies! :-)    


As always, Enjoy Life. Enjoy Selfless Baking!

Jimble

3 comments:

  1. Send some cookies here in Cebu :) We would definitely love to try it :)
    Love your shoots Jim! (pang-Pro na kaau ang dating!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That only shows that I have a very good mentor in photo editing. My editing works..hehehe.

      Delete